Fumiko Tapestry with Rod
or 4 payments of $194.75 interest-free and fortnightly with Info
Available on orders up to $1250
Product estimated to leave Partners warehouse in 24 hours, unless otherwise advised by Interiors Online.
FREE SHIPPING on this item!
Our Fumiko tapestry shows a Geisha in an elaborate and traditional Japanese Geisha costume. The Geisha girl represents a fascinating part of Japanese culture and is unique among the many Asian cultures. The modern Geisha was thought to emerge from the 18th century. From a young age, girls would be trained to become a Geisha, and their teachings would include the three areas of formal art and calligraphy, performing the role of hostess and entertainer at tea parties including musical training and dance, and the social skill required to navigate the complex social structure of Japan to entertain their guests with light entertainment as well as accompanying guests in formal events and gift giving ceremonies. Today they are rarer to be found than hundreds of years ago, but still have their role in Japanese society. In this tapestry we see the elaborate kimono and distinct pale make up. Co-ordinate with Asian antique furniture in a scheme that is understated and perfectly harmonious.
- Fumiko Tapestry wall hanging is made from cotton thread woven in Belgium and backed with cotton lining
- Tapestry is supplied with complimentary weight bars, inserted and concealed into the bottom of the tapestry to assist with optimum hanging
- Tapestry has either a sleeve sewn into the back or loops attached to facilitate hanging
- NB: Includes a telescopic hanging road with ball finials-Black finish
- Asian & Manhattan Apartment Styles
147cmW (approx) x 198cmH
NOTE: This product is excluded from member discounts.